Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 325 skid steer having problem with left side pump…

Customer Question
I have a 325 skid...
I have a 325 skid steer having problem with left side pump it was slow in forward and normal speed in reverse now when u got to start it the left side wants to move and it loads up on hydro pressure to the point the the starter can't turn the engine
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/15/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 years ago
Dan, Technician
my name is***** will be glad to help. It sounds like you have a drive motor failure and possible pump problem. Remove your hydraulic filter and check it /debris to confirm this.Also you can disconnect the case drain line and cap it on the LH drive motor, run a hose from the drive case drain port to a bucket with the machine bucket against a loading dock or large tree to prevent movement, engage travel and if oil sprays out in high volume or pressure that drive motor is bad. It should only be a low volume of oil from the case drain. Let me know if you need further help.

Brad, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit time helping on the site.