Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

terex pt60 2014 model new. vibration in joystick to lower…

Customer Question
terex pt60 2014 model new. vibration...
terex pt60 2014 model new.
vibration in joystick to lower bucket and to unload bucket. this only occurs after about 20 minutes of operating well after oil temp. gets to normal.Also it seems to loose it feathering ability the lowering is quite smooth before the vibration starts.As soon as the vibration starts this action is quite jerky.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2015
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 years ago
Dan, Technician
Dan :

Hi my name is***** will try to help. First check your hydraulic filter for signs of metal/debris that would indicate a pump or component problem occurring. If clean then check your pump suction lines for sucking in air that would casue cavitation of the pumps.

Dan :

If that checks out ok then remove and inspect the relief valve cartridges in that circuit for metal/debris and damaged o rings

Dan :

A relief that is sticking could cause a similar problem

Dan :

Finally have your pressures checked and verified to OEM specs and watch for any fluctuation of pressures when this is occuring that would help isolate this to a relief valve, control valve or possible pump problem.

Dan :

Reply back with the results and if you need further help with this

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.