Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have an ASV RC60 that seems to go on 'float' mode. I took…

Customer Question
I have an ASV RC60...
I have an ASV RC60 that seems to go on 'float' mode. I took the float fuse out so don't think its an electric problem. It started about a month ago that I sometimes noticed (mostly when I start to use it) that the boom doesn't want to come up. It just came up a wee bit then kind of locked. Also the bucket did not tilt back. Usually by wiggling the joystick around and activating the auxilaries it started to work soon. But it got worse and began to act that way while hot too. It always worked to lower the boom, but it just went down slowly, just like when in float mode. And the bucket always tilted down ok but not up. By now I can't get the boom to come up at all. The wheel drive works fine. And yes there's lots of hydraulic oil in it. This sound familiar?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/21/2014
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will try to help. The first thing to check when you loose your functions is the safety interlock switches, fuses, relays and wiring for problems but this sounds more like a hydraulic problem than electrical unfortunately. Remove and cut open your hydraulic filter with a filter cutting tool and look for fine metal that would indicate a pump failure occurring. If found your system will need to be completely cleaned out and flushed with a rebuilt or replacement pump. Check the circuit relief valve cartridges in the main control valve for damaged or rings or metal/debris holding them open causing a loss of circuit pressure. Copy and paste this link in your browser to access your free manuals for your machine to access your schematics and pressure/electrical test information. The parts book will also help identify your components. Let me know if you need more help
http://www.trackloaderparts.com/free-manual.html
Hi, I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.Hope you had a great Christmas!
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site. Have a safe and Happy New Years!!!
u can close this question yup
Thanks for the update and Happy 2015. What did you end up finding with this? Was my information helpful? Please remember to rate my answer OK or Higher. Pleasure to help.
we really haven't done anything on it. It works most of the time. I guess you really have to drive it to see how it acts. it cant be the pump because it works perfectly fine while it works. When it acts up the boom doesn't go up much. goes up about an inch then u hear kind of a pop like a relief valve going or something and the engine does not need to work so there is no pressure buildup. either a relief valve goes or the oil is not directed into the lift cylinder. but it always goes down ok. same thing with the bucket it tilts down but not up.
I would take a close look at the relief valve cartridges for debris, damaged o rings, or sticking open. sounds like this is most likely what you have going on here. If that checks out ok Id move onto inspecting the main control valve and confirming pilot pressure next..
ok u don't know exactly where the relief valves are on this machine likely?
The relief valve cartridges are in the main control valve and a couple are remote mounted for other component functions. They are threaded in to the main valve and other system components to control the pressure in those circuits. Copy and paste this link in your browser to access the parts, service, and operators manual for this machine. the parts will show you the locations and breakdowns of the reliefs and the service will give you all your test information and schematics. Let me know if you have trouble accessing this link.
http://www.trackloaderparts.com/Download_Page/9658downloadtlp8569.html
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please rate ok or better or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.