Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Yale veracitor 060 just received an error fault says…

I have a Yale veracitor...
I have a Yale veracitor 060 just received an error fault says transmission brake is overheating, where to start?
12/18/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Curtis B. :

Fluid levels, transmission, engine and hydraulics, for starters. Transmission filter change would be next.

JACUSTOMER-p9f0wspz- :

engine running for transmission fluid level? type of fluid dextron2? any smell or dis-color to look for?

Curtis B. :

Engine off for transmission check.

Curtis B. :

Is fluid red , Dexron. If clear, use engine oil, same as engine.

JACUSTOMER-p9f0wspz- :

fluid level was fine with engine off, did not check yet with it running

Curtis B. :

Did unit quit, or just show error? Is engine coolant level correct?

JACUSTOMER-p9f0wspz- :

engine went into reduced power mode after fault, then it ran out of propane so i replaced the bottle it ran i drove it a little fault appeared again, forklift had 15 minutes to cool down

Curtis B. :

I have seen this before, but to be honest, I don't remember what the cause was! I don't think I will be any help. I will opt out and see if anyone else can help. Sorry. Please do not respond to me, or it will lock the question to me.

Curtis B. :

Does transmission brake when you release the gas? Here is blog from forklift action site. Sensor on top of transmission.

Curtis B. :

YaleTechnician
California, United States
you have a bad TOSS sensor on transmission. It sits or right side of top of trans, Its a 4 wire connector. check for loose connection, if ok, replace Toss sensor. once you do that ,calibrate transmission and you should be ok.
JACUSTOMER-p9f0wspz- :

will try that,thanks

Curtis B. :

Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-p9f0wspz- :

The guy is a freaking genius! Excellent fixed my problem, I saved a ton of money thank you. Merry Christmas.

JACUSTOMER-p9f0wspz- :

This guy is a genius, Thank You, ***** ***** ton of time and money! Merry Christmas

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Thank you! Just stole the others guys post! But I did work for Yale dealer for 5 years!