Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Hi Moose. Wondering if u could help me out, I have a D6n serial # ***** I hav…

Customer Question
Hi Moose. Wondering if u...
Hi Moose. Wondering if u could help me out, I have a D6n serial # ***** I have fault codes s7873, 3f224,3R252. Not sure what they are and can't access a manual.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/13/2014
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 7 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hello, I would like to help you with this.

You are seeing the mileage totals on your display.

The s7873 is the total miles and 3f224 is total miles in 3rd forward with 3R252 the total miles in 3rd reverse.

Some CTS (Custom Track Service) guides have estimated life calculations using the total miles. This data helps the PSSR estimate when you will need to replace your tracks.

If you have the words SERV CODE showing on the display, then you have fault codes logged in the memory.

To get the display to show the logged codes. Use the same button you used to view the mileage but, when you get to the last mileage screen press the button once more and it should switch over to diagnostic codes after going blank for one second.

The logged codes will scroll on the display window. Active (current) codes will display the words SERV CODE as the scroll. If you see a code without these words it is just a logged code.

The codes will be in a different format.

The first part is the module (030 or 036 or 113)

The second format is the component and failure ID.

0177F02 or 0117.02

Detailed Explanation

MID (3) - "030". This code concerns the Caterpillar Monitoring System. The Caterpillar Monitoring System service manual should be used to troubleshoot the diagnostic code. If the MID that was shown was "081", the diagnostic code would concern the power train electronic control. The service module for the power train electronic control should be used to troubleshoot the diagnostic code.

CID (5) - "0110". This code means that a problem has occurred in the sensor circuit for the engine coolant temperature of MID "030".

FMI (6) - "08". This identifier means that a signal of abnormal frequency, pulse width or period is being received concerning CID "0110".

A serious fault will also show a red light, usually flashing.

If the alarm is sounding, stop the machine and investigate the problem.

If you have a fault and need more information about it, please let me know. I will be glad to help you further.

Please verify your serial number. Either the serial number has a typo or this is a machine outside the market information that I have.