Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

2012 Caterpillar track steer 279c.Vin #CAT0279cemb109859.Need…

2012 Caterpillar track steer 279c.Vin...
2012 Caterpillar track steer 279c.Vin #CAT0279cemb109859.Need to know if this machine is a high flow on the hydraulics.What is the gpm preasure,or rating?
12/6/2014
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 7 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

I would like to help but, the serial number is ***** correct.

The first part is correct, CAT279C, followed by the production code E and then the serial number is ***** last eight.

The 279C would have the serial number prefix MBT followed by five digits.

I tried your number as MBT09859 but, that number is ***** found. You may need to clean the area below the tag to see the number stamped into the frame.

Please verify the number on the machine and I will be glad to research the details about it. If the number is ***** post the engine serial number. If the original engine is in the machine, I might can link it to the correct serial number.

ok,thank u.I got the vin # ***** the bill of sale from previous owner.On another subject=I don"t want to be a subscriber to this Just Answer.This is a one time thing.If I see were they are charging my credit card more than one time,I will get the card canceled and a new card issued.Thank u for your help,I will try and get a hold of Cat dealer Monday.

Here is the vin # ***** is the correct vin#

CAT did not build 82,000 machines. I am sure they would like too but, they already have moved up to the D models.

If the number is ***** it is standard flow.

If the number is ***** it is high flow.

If you can verify the number, I can provide more build details about the machine.

The XPS marking means it is a high flow machine. The hydraulic oil flow is 33 GPM

The standard flow machine will have hydraulic oil flow of 22 GPM.

Donnie,the last vin # ***** sent you is correct.There is also another no.under the vin.#tag that looks to be STL 305,or, CTL 305,or maybe GTL 305.can only see the top of that first letter.

I can promise you CAT does not have any machine in the serial number range of 82,000

In fact, a Remanufactured machine will be given a new serial number and they start at 75,000.

The 279C2 began production in March of 2012 with the serial number prefix of KWB.

The last serial number built is not available to me.

I will assume the serial number is ***** Below are the details for this machine.

You can check the engine serial number ( CYM22844 ) to verify this is the same machine.

Inquiry Serial Number:MBT02059
Inquiry Serial Number Description:279C Compact Track Loader Dca2
Inquiry Product Reference/Arrangement No:3501566
Selling Dealer:Thompson
VIN Number:
Address Dealer:
Declaring Dealer:

Serial NumberRef. #/SMCS CodeDescriptionCategoryInstall Ind.Install DateAction

MBT02059350-1566279C COMPACT TRACK LOADER DCA2None

Attachments

218-0942HEATER, ENGINE COOLANT, 120VFactoryNone
233-5913INSTRUCTIONS, ENGLISHFactoryNone
258-2791QUICK COUPLER, HYDRAULICFactoryNone
258-3182HYDRAULICS, HIGH FLOW XPSFactoryNone
258-3680ROPS, ENCLOSED WITH A/C (C3)FactoryNone
258-3800CONVERSION ARRANGEMENTFactoryNone
258-4080DOOR, CAB, POLYCARBONATEFactoryNone
258-4095BELT, SEAT, 2"FactoryNone
258-4330SEAT, COMFORT, AIR SUSPENSIONFactoryNone
295-7114ENGINE, TIER 3 COMPLIANTFactoryNone
304-1879279C COMPACT TRACK LOADERFactoryNone
304-1913PACKAGE, PERFORMANCE, (TL3)FactoryNone
304-1861INSTRUCTIONS, ANSI, NACDFactoryNone
CYM228441000ENGINEFactoryNone

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Thanks Donnie,I am going to ride over to the owners house to see if I can locate owners manual behind seat,or open engine compartment at rear and try to find engine serial no.I know this owner purchase this unit out of the Atlanta,Ga.area used from an equipment auction.They build Cat products all over the world,Clayton NC.they build the loader/ backhoe's,and I think the skidsteer's also.There probably built else where also.

OK, I will be looking for your reply.
Skid steer loaders are built in Sanford NC.

CAT0279CEMBT82859 is the vin #and under vin no. tag is STL 305.Couldn"t locate engine serial #,but it is a Mitsibishi built in Korea.

I guess I cannot help you then. I have entered that number in every CAT data base I have and I get no information.

"Sorry, there was no Sales Information found for Serial Number MBT82859" is the only response shown.

I do not know what the code below the number means.

The image above shows a serial number for a 262C with a 0 and 8 on the tag.

The PIN for this skid steer is CAT0262CPMST04068. The sticker below it is just a unit id for the customer, it is not related to anything CAT would use.

The last 8 digits are used for service and would be MST04068.

Donnie,here is the sealers web site that I am purchasing the Cat Skidsteer from.On the photos of equipment for sale is only one skidsteer leasted with a clear picture of the vin#(www.plantationtruckandequipment.com).There out of Carthage,NC.

Wow, I have never seen one so clean! They have it shined within an inch of its life!

It is serial number MBT02859. It is not High Flow XPS machine. You can only get 22 GPM from the hydraulic system.

Here are the details on the machine build.

The few details I can see, it has never had any major warranty claims, at least no repairs that were reported to CAT.

Arrangement No:375-0925
Mfg Model:279C
Mktg Model Year:2012
Prod Family:CLCompact Track Loaders
Sims Prod Family:12Log Skidders
Source Facility:JASanford Bcp (Bldg Cnstr Prod)
Principle Work:250Building, Commercial And Public
Build Date:14Nov2011
Factory Ship Date:17Nov2011
Dealer/Invoiced Ship Date:20Dec2011
Sales Date:01Mar2012
Delivery Date:01Mar2012
Selling Dlr:Thompson CAT
Owner Cls:1

Inquiry Serial Number:MBT02859
Inquiry Serial Number Description:279C Compact Track Loader Dca1
Inquiry Product Reference/Arrangement No:3750925
Selling Dealer:
VIN Number:
Address Dealer:
Declaring Dealer:

MBT02859375-0925279C COMPACT TRACK LOADER DCA1None

Attachments

258-3180HYDRAULICS, STANDARD FLOWFactoryNone
258-4066RADIO READYFactoryNone
258-4070DOOR, CAB, GLASSFactoryNone
258-4095BELT, SEAT, 2"FactoryNone
304-1912PACKAGE, PERFORMANCE, (TL2)FactoryNone
342-5010HYDRAULICS, PROPORTIONALFactoryNone
CYM345031000ENGINEFactoryNone
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician