Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 743 bobcat skid steer and the lift arms are slow but…

Customer Question
I have a 743 bobcat...
I have a 743 bobcat skid steer and the lift arms are slow but the cylinder that works the bucket is fine. I have adjusted the foot control ,if I move it to much one way it will raise fast but want let down or if I go the other it want go up, but will go down fast. so when I get it where it where it will do both it is slow.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/4/2014
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will try to help. First repair any worn linkage and loose connections as this is the most common cause of this problem. If there is still a problem afterwards then check the control valve spools and reseal them. Copy and paste this link in your browser for the procedure.Let me know if you need more help.
http://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?18714-Replacing-Bobcat-loader-control-valve-seals
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 years ago
Hi, I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? Let me know if you still need help.