Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

the last cylinder will not go up to allow the forks full extention…

the last cylinder will not...
the last cylinder will not go up to allow the forks full extention what should I look for-the unit was working 6 months ago but hasn't been used in this period of time.
Thanks RAY
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Curtis B. :

Make and model? Is unit full of oil? Lack of oil can keep last stage from receiving oil to extend.??

Customer:

small 5000 # ***** truck I don"t have the serial #'s handy

Curtis B. :

With forklift, the oil level would most likely be the problem. Unless it is electric forklift, then it may have a lift cutout switch that is stuck. Cutting out the higher stage.

Customer:

I will get the serial #;s for you

Curtis B. :

S/N will be no help/ Make and model might, but check the hydraulic oil level!

Customer:

OK

Curtis B. :

K

Customer:

then I will get back with you

Curtis B. :

OK. I should be here , too cold to do anything else!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician