Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a EX200-3 1996 when operating the hydraulics will all…

Have a EX200-3 1996 when...
Have a EX200-3 1996 when operating the hydraulics will all of a sudden load up the engine and the only way to reset hydraulics is to switch the key off and start again or pull the 1 amp fuse and replace then it will be fine for a period of time and then it will do it again.
When this happens engine will not rev above low setting until stopped & restarted or fuse is pulled and put back in
Thanks Gary
11/29/2014
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 years ago
Dan, Technician
Dan :

Hi my name is***** will try to help. First inspect your in tank return filter for metal/debris just to be sure you do not have a pump or component failure occurring. If ok then you could possibly have a controller problem. Are you getting any faults on the display?

Customer:

Oil drained and replaced with new filter

Dan :

Did you find any fine metal?

Customer:

Only water temp if u do not stop and reset

Dan :

It will look like metallic glitter

Customer:

No metal

Dan :

Ok thats a good sign

Dan :

So the Auto idle/decel function and throttle controls working normal?

Customer:

When not under load from hydraulics

Dan :

Is it any particular function that triggers it?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Did not get an answer

I switched to this sceen so we can continue to post back and forth... Check your relief valve cartridges in the main control valve for damaged o rings or a possible relief that is sticking. Also for a possible spool sticking in the control valve. I recommend having your pressures tested and monitored when this is occuring to see what they are doing to isolate this to a possible relief valve, pump, or control valve problem. Your pump could be getting stuck in full stroke. Let me know.
Dan, Technician

Machine recently pressure checked by Hitachi all to spec

Hi please save your ratings until we are finished. I switched to this screen so we can continue to post information as needed to narrow this down. I had to tend to my 4 year old daughter who had woken up. Was these checks done before or after this problem started? I worked for my local Hitachi/Deere dealer before going independent. Testing pressures is part of troubleshooting a problem. Let me know.
Hi, did you get this resolved or do you still need help with this?
Turned out being spring clip where shaft of A sensor shaft locates was out of shape allowing mixed signals
Thanks for the update Gary. Glad you got this resolved. Have a great weekend.