Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My fiat Hitachi excavator bucket is not releasinge the earth…

Customer Question
My fiat Hitachi excavator bucket...
My fiat Hitachi excavator bucket is not releasinge the earth after it diggs what is the problem
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/23/2014
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 8 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hello, I am sorry I missed your question earlier. I hope this is not too late.

I am not sure I understand your problem.

Are you saying the dirt is sticking to the bucket and will not slide out when you dump the bucket?

Or, do you mean the bucket control is not working?

I do not have experience with Hitachi excavators but, I will be glad to help you all I can.

The bucket controle is not working so full load of the soil is still there being unloaded why dont the bucket work

Thanks for the reply,

I would start by inspecting the hand control.

Is is moving freely like the other levers?

Does it have the same feel as the other levers?

Does it stick when you move the lever?

If the hand controls have the same feel when moving, next listen to the engine when operating the bucket.

Do you hear the engine speed change when the lever is moved?

Can you see the hoses on the bucket cylinder move?

Try this simple test. With the bucket on the ground and the machine off, loosen a hose to the bucket cylinder but, do not remove it. Have everyone stand clear of the machine and start the engine. Operate the bucket function only and watch for oil to spray out of the loose fitting. It should spray out under high pressure.

If your hand control does not have the same feel as the other hand controls, if it is loose or sticking, the hand control valve could be the problem.

If the hand control feels normal and you do not hear the engine speed change when you move the lever, the main control valve maybe sticking or the control hoses to the main control valve are damaged.

If you do hear the engine speed change when you move the lever and the hoses to the cylinder will spray oil when loose, the cylinder is damaged. Look for a bent rod or damage to the cylinder tube.

You should also replace your filter and install a new one. Cut the old filter open and inspect if for debris. If you find rubber pieces, you have hoses that are damaged.

If you find brass metal, you may have pump damage.

If you find steel pieces, you have cylinder damage.

You should only find a few small pieces. If you find a large quantity of debris, you have a serious failure and the machine will need a major overhaul.

Please let me know what you find and we can work from there.