Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I bought a used 2007 New Holland L180. two issues. 1st I cant…

I bought a used 2007...
I bought a used 2007 New Holland L180. two issues. 1st I cant get the Aux Hydrolics to work. I check the linkage and all is good but the Aux spool will not move. Now there is an electronic solenoid on the spool, I moved the two wires on the solenoid around with my fingers to see if there is a loose connection. 2nd problem, now is engine will turn over but will not start. Its was running fine before I did this.
11/12/2014
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will try to help. First check all your fuses and relays. For the fuses, IGN switch on and test on both sides with a test light for power. there should be power on both sides or the fuse is no good. The quickest way to find a relay problem is to swap them one at a time with a known good one. If ok, Check all your safety interlock switches and harness(seat switch, lap bar/seat belt switch, door switch if equipped. Reply back with the results and serial number if you need further help and i will be glad to help.
I have checked all the fuses and they are good. I have not checked the relays, As I mentioned it will crank but not start. Generally the safety switches wont let it even crank.
The owners manual refers to the "Neutral switch on the Aux Hydrolic control handle, located on the right control handle. It refers to lock position and unlock position but does not say witch is neutral position. If it s not in the "neutral" position it says the engine will crank but not start. I have try both position and still nothing. I don't even see that the lock is even connected to anything electronic to even tell what position it is in. I will get you the Ser# *****
Mechanic: dd85, Technician replied 7 years ago
dd85
dd85, Technician
The Aux knob (lever) is hard to get to the Off position.
The Solenoid on the valve is actually the switch. Use an ohm meter and check if there is continuity going through the switch. If not move the knob up and down a little and see if you get continuity.
The switch must allow power through it for the Fuel solenoid to receive power.
The Skid Steer was running fine, except for the fact that the Aux Hydrolics would not work. I asked a NH tech why and he said see if the Aux Hydrolics spool was stuck or if linkage was disconnected. Linkage all checked out good, I disconnected the cotterpin and tried to move (Spool) piston with a screwdriver. I could turn it but not push it in or out. Its after that, that the engine wouldn't start.
Okay, Did you check the switch to see if current was going through it?
Current must pass through the switch for the unit to start.
For TESTING only, you could put a jumper wire in the connector and see if it will start.
As for the spool stuck. you might remove the rear cap from the spool, spray down with wd40 or better stuff.
then tap lightly, lightly, on both ends of the spool and see if it will move at all. it it moves a little spray again, then tap the other way.
Not yet, I'am at work right now. I will check current tonight. But wouldn't the solenoid keep the spool from moving?The boom and Bucket spools have solenoids too and they wont move until the park button is pushed, correct?.
The Aux is so that you can not have it engaged when you start, so an implement does start turning and hurt some one.
The aux will also operate if you are not in the seat.
the Boom and Bucket are to make sure you are in the seat and buckled.
Did you get it going?
Please remember to Rate my answer
Yes I did it was the spool. once I loosened it everything work fined.
Thankssorry hit wrong button. I'm very satisfied.
Is there a way for you to go in and contact a Moderator? or Change your answer?
dd85
dd85, Technician