Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have an older takeuchi tiger excavator one of the

hydraulic cylinders is leaking. what...
I have an older takeuchi tiger excavator one of the hydraulic cylinders is leaking. what is the procedure to remove the cylinder for repair
11/4/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Lt the cylinder down as low as you can get it, depending on which cylinder, Turn unit off and work the hydraulic levers to release the pressure, If this is a boom cylinder, yo will want to block the boom so it can't drop. Then loosen the hydraulic hoses to the cylinder. That will ensure the cylinder has no pressure, then remove the hoses, and the remove the two pins holding the cylinder in place while supporting the cylinder. That should get the cylinder out for repair.
thanks procedure for putting it back on like bleeding
It is self bleeding. Just work cylinder in both directions to clear any air.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician