Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

bobcat t250: "the lift and tilt does not function on my t250.

"the lift and tilt does...
"the lift and tilt does not function on my t250. the light flashes three times indicating error 17-06 Valve output circuit shorted to ground. how do I fix this?"
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/1/2014
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 8 years ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager
The most accurate answer would depend on machine serial number, and whether it's a standard foot control machine or has Advanced Hand Controls or Selectable Joystick controls. Also whether it's a one piece casting valve or a two piece casting valve. But with all that said, according to the trouble code, you either have a wiring short to ground in the wire going to the hydraulic lock solenoid valve on the main control valve, or the coil on the hydraulic lock valve is shorted out.

I'm attaching a pic of a standard control machine, two piece casting control valve. The hydraulic lock solenoid valve is located near the center of the control valve (red arrow). The coil for the lock valve has a short harness to a Deutsch connector to the main wiring harness. Disconnect the Deutsch connection and test the two wires going to the solenoid valve coil, you should read something around 9.8 ohm. If it doesn't read that, and/or reads infinity, coil is shorted out and a new coil will likely fix the problem. Also test the main harness wires for short to ground. One wire will be a ground wire (possibly wire 2410), the other wire is the power wire and should not read continuity to ground (possibly wire 4410).

graphic

Serial number ********* raise and tilt are foot controls. Is the valve body under the cab area?

I should have told ya that this website won't allow posting a nine digit Bobcat serial number, the website thinks it's a phone number and all I see on me end is X's. You have to post serial number with text, i.e., Five Two Five...

The control valve is in the belly of the machine. Raise the cab and make sure the safety lock snaps in to hold the cab up. Standing at the front of the machine looking back, the valve will be mounted to the machine side frame on your left, bunch of pipes going to it and you'll note the links that connect the foot pedals to the valve spools.
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager