Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

my 2008 cat 226b-2 i lifted up the cab to put a new throttle…

Customer Question
my 2008 cat 226b-2 i...
my 2008 cat 226b-2 i lifted up the cab to put a new throttle cable in and now the right hand joystick is not working
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/1/2014
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 8 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Your joystick has a solenoid under the bottom to turn off the pilot controls.

Maybe you have pinched a wire or pull the connector loose.

If you have an electrical fault, the park light or armrest light will flash.

If so, that requires troubleshooting the interlock ECM circuits.

If one or both lights are flashing or not on at all, let me know and I can help further.

Post the serial number of the unit also.