Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

What level of detail and problem solving will you go to?

We don't have a lot...
What level of detail and problem solving will you go to? We don't have a lot to put back into this tractor.and will do most of the work ourselves. If you are going to just tell us something big I'll have to pass.
10/4/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Curtis B. :

make , Model, Application? What is the problem and what do you need? I see no earlier questions?

Customer:

Sorry. Farm life! Goats demand my attention.

Curtis B. :

Ok, what do we need to do?

Customer:

Go forward?!

Curtis B. :

What are we working on? It won't go forward? It goes in reverse?

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Changed to question and answer to get away from the timer! We can continue from here and keep it open as long as needed, all for same price!

I need this tractor to go into a forward direction it goes into reverse just fine. Hard to get any work done in reverse!

What kind of tractor! What model! Does it lock up when it goes to forward?

What more then 1990 JD.210c loader is there? Husband's tractor. My Fingers doing the research. It does not lock up In Forward just very slow to react like 15/20 minutes.

After it gets into forward, does it slip? There is a modulator valve in the control section of the transmission. It is used to cushion the shift from forward to reverse and back. If this valve has broken spring, or valve is stuck, the transmission will be slow to engage.

Yes it does slip. What kind of fix us involved?

Rebuilding the forward clutch pack with new seals and plates!

Sounds sort of major! Any idea of difficulty?

Tractor has to be split and the f/r shuttle removed for repair. Do you have a service manual? I would want one before starting repairs.

No repair manual. Bought used a few years ago. Is there a place I can buy one?

I will relay your response to hubby. This tractor is my only way for me to move winter hay for livestock so she needs fixing. I feel your right about its problem.

Yes, it will be the forward clutch , be sure the clutch piston seals get replaced, that is what causes the clutch to slip, then when it slips, it ruins the clutch plates, letting them slip.

Thank you for you advice! I was hoping it was something simpler like a filter. But it is what it is. Thanks.

Thank you for you advice! I was hoping it was something simpler like a filter. But it is what it is. Thanks. Any idea where I can get a repair manual?

Filter would affect both directions! Sorry. EBAY would be my choice, I see manuals in paper back and on CD. here is my search link.-----------http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4684.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XDeere+210C+back+hoe+manual.TRS0&_nkw=Deere+210C+back+hoe+manual&_sacat=0

Do have any idea as to how many labor hours involved?

Do have any idea as to how many labor hours involved? And with that, I thank you again.