Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Hello I have a cat 307ssr with a slow hydrologic issue. It…

Customer Question
Hello I have a cat...
Hello I have a cat 307ssr with a slow hydrologic issue. It has started with one side track moving slower than other and now have lost swing function and now slow boom and only one drive working. Can you offer suggestions. Pump has 4100psi and machine is in good condition with less than 3000hrs. All filters changed but no screens were cleaned. I am looking for help. It is a great machine when operating correctly
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/14/2014
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 8 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hello. I am sorry but, I don't have any experience on the 307 series. They are completely different from the larger machines I service.

I only know the pump looks like a single pump but, has two sides. If you have lost power to half of your controls, maybe that side of the pump is bad.

You should check both sides to see if the pressures are the same.

Since I cannot be of much help, I will opt-out so others can see the question. Maybe another technician has seen this problem.