Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a john deere 310 will go in all reverse gears but…

Customer Question
I have a john deere...
I have a john deere 310 b will go in all reverse gears but attempts to go forward but will not move forward.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/10/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Curtis B. :

Reverse is staying engaged, do you have neutral or does it try to backup in reverse? With reverse staying engaged, forward can not overcome the reverse. Most likely the reverse clutch is stuck and will have to be removed for repair.

JACUSTOMER-e4u65gbu- :

how do you unstick the clutch, what procedures should i use or will the tractor have to be pulled apart to unstick the clutch.

JACUSTOMER-e4u65gbu- :

nm

JACUSTOMER-e4u65gbu- :

are you there?

Curtis B. :

This has hydraulic shuttle doesn't it? The reverse clutch will have to be removed for repair. It is a part of the shuttle section of the transmission.

JACUSTOMER-e4u65gbu- :

Is it possible that the clutch" o" ring in the shuttle could be worn and not letting the fluid do what it is designed to do?

Curtis B. :

Either way the shuttle has to be removed , something is keeping the reverse clutch applied, from my experience, the clutch has broken a plate and the clutch is stacked up and won't release. Only repair is to get the clutch out.