Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a jd 410 B. I am having the same problem as the other…

I have a jd 410...
I have a jd 410 B. I am having the same problem as the other man. My hoe will not move in forward or reverse. There are two dipsticks on right hand side kind of under cab. One looks and smells like hydraulic fluid and the other is not registering on stick. What type of oil do I put in the tractor? Is the second dipstick a oil stick? Also there right side of engine has what may be a transmission fluid tube? It has no dipstick but sits on the right bottom of engine. What trans fluid would it take? and there is a square access? lid on top of engine compartment I can't get open. What is that for, and where is the latch for it?
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/7/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Both dipsticks are for transmission and the reverser unit. Both should have the Deere Hytrans fluid. And they are separate. The right side panel has a latch that can have a key lock,but usually it just latches the hood side panel, you grasp the latch and pull and the side panel should open. The transmission and reverser fills through the dipstick tubes.TP60/TP6072_________UN01JAN94.gif

I live in a very small town is there a substitute for the deer hi Tran fluid?the other two but I was talking about is also on the right hand side of the tractor but it goes to the bottom of the engine and it does not have a dipstick its just a tube. And the latch that I'm looking for is for the door on top of the tractor not the side latch.

Any auto supply or tractor supply will carry a substitute for the Deere fluid. Not sure what other tube would be on the engine. Could be a vent tube. As far as another latch. Where is exactly located? Here is Deere link for parts. Input your model number and look at sheet metal section.--------http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

Ok thank you for your help. Tractors running

Thank you , please rate my answer and that will close the question.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician