Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

HEY YO, WE HAVE A 287B HIGH FLO XPS. SERIAL #CAT0287BVZSA02906.

THE INTERLOCK OVERRIDE LIGHT IS...
HEY YO, WE HAVE A 287B HIGH FLO XPS. SERIAL #CAT0287BVZSA02906. THE INTERLOCK OVERRIDE LIGHT IS STUCK ON WILL NOT TURN OFF. HIGH FLOW FUNCTION DISABLED BUT 2 BUTTONS ON RIGHT JOYSTICK STILL ACTIVATE WORK TOOL. INTERLOCK OVERIDE SWITCH/HYD LOCKOUT SWITCH AND CIRCUITS CHECK GOOD, REPLACED AUX HYD ECM NOW AND INTERLOCK ECM REPLACED RECENTLY (6 MONTHS AGO) OPENED INTERLOCK ECM, NO WATER OR CORROSION ON BOARD, RESEALED AND REINSTALLED. OLD AUX HYD ECM HAD WATER DAMAGE BUT REPLACING DID NOT RESTORE HIGH FLOW FUNCTION. HELP PLEASE
8/1/2014
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 8 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

I am sorry no one has helped you. I am usually online at nights and try to respond to questions as early as I can. I hope this is not too late.

I am not sure I understand your problem. Are you seeing a light on the indicator panel staying on? If so, please describe the icon and tell me its location.

Are all your hydraulic functions working but, you cannot get the high flow to work?

Does the high flow operate and just not go to high flow or is the Override (lock) function not working? (Holding the control in high flow with the control buttons released?)

If you are referring to the switch, which position is it installed? (from front console)

What wires are connected to the switch?

Are you sure it is plugged into the correct harness connector? (Seen this happen before)

Please let me know more about this problem. I will be glad to help all I can.

Thank you, Donnie

high flow does not work at all. the yellow interlock override light will not turn off. this light turned on when high flow quit working. we use a tree grinder attachment with this machine. the grinder part of attachment will not spin/ no high flow, but the 2 buttons on right joystick still operate a door on attachment/ moved by small hyd cyl. boom and track functions work fine just no high flow. serial # ***** initial question

Thanks for the information. I think I understand your problem better.

This issue is most likely in the Auxiliary ECM circuits. This system should be tested using the CAT ET dealer service program since, you cannot see the fault codes. It is more or less guess work for this ECM but, you can check the wiring and some of the system.

I will attach a document for testing this problem. Try following the test as much as you can, you will need to skip the parts were CAT ET is required. You can inspect the wires listed to see if they are damaged. Hopefully you can find something that will fix your problem before you must call the dealer.

Auxiliary Hydraulic Does Not Function in Either Direction <<< click here.

Let me know if you need help with any of these test. I will be glad to help further if you need me.

Thanks, Donnie

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Thanks for the schematic, any more schematics you are willing to send me for this machine would be appreciated. Does new aux HYd ECM need to be flashed or initialized by scan tool? Replaced right joystick still no high flow. Ohms test on both high flow solenoids is about 2.5 ohms. Does this sound right?No trouble with circuits.