Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We have a D6R Cat With engine overheating problems, Will run…

Customer Question
We have a D6R Cat...
We have a D6R Cat With engine overheating problems, Will run for 3 hours under normal load and temperature will slowly rise to alarm hot. Check with a inferred thermometer, engine and rad all at 215 F. Rad is clean we can see day light front to back on all core top to bottom, coolant is up and new. Fan belts are new and tight. All other cores (AC, Tran., Hyd.,) are clean. The engine compartment is clean. What do you suggest.

Cliff
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/9/2014
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 8 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman
Hi I'm Wayne
I will help you with this

You did great job on checking the items
to the coolant,
I would suggest that you get a bottle of gas tester at auto parts store and pour in
Radiator, to test for exhaust gases, may have a head gasket going
run the machine about a hour to get it mixed in
or directions on bottle
Hi
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Hi

Let me know,