Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

John Deere 190 excavator - hydraulics in arm way too slow…

Customer Question
I have a John Deere...

I have a John Deere 190 excavator. I recently had my mechanics replace some seals in one of the track motors. They fixed that and the track works just fine now. But in the process of doing that fix they killed the hydraulics in the arm. Anything you do with the bucket now moves at a snails pace and it has no power. The arm can move a little bit when you first start up but after it warms up it loses power. My mechanic is pretty knowledgeable and has done a great job in maintaining this over the years but he's baffled by this. One friend suggested looking for a valve that lets you switch between CAT AND John Deere style controls to see if it was stuck in the middle. Does this ring a bell? Any ideas?

Note: I listed the year as 1998 but truthfully, I don't really know. It's not listed on the bill of sale.

Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment