Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Hi, im Daniel, I need schematic electrical diagram for cat…

Hi, i'm Daniel, I need...
Hi, i'm Daniel, I need schematic electrical diagram for cat excavator 320. I'm working on the cat excavator 320 and the problem it has is that, when I raise throttle control, when the engine accelerate after a while it will reduce by itself, what could be the cause?
5/10/2014
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 8 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hello Daniel, Try using the backup control switch. If the throttle works with the manual switch and holds steady, you may have a problem with the pressure switch to the controller. You should also try switching off the AEC button to set the engine to the dial speed and not automatically reduce it speed. AEC will drop the speed after 3 seconds when it does not see pressure from one of the switches.

If you need more help, let me know what you find with these tests and we can go from there. Please post the serial number with you reply.

Thanks for your response. Yeah I tried using the backup switch with the manual switch and it worked well and holds steady. so what should I do then?

Replace the pressure switches on the main control valve. They signal the ecm when pressure is seen and that because the idle to raise. If you have no input form the switch, it goes back to idle.

Is night here I'm not at the machine now, in a day time i'll get back to you to provide u with the serial number.

Is there anyway I can connect to you anytime rather than here?

Thanks

Regards

I won't need the serial number unless you are in need of something more specific.

I will be away during the day (US Eastern) but, I will be checking in occasionally. I only have limited access until I get back home to this pc. Then I can help you further.

I will receive an email when you post something and I can contact you afterward.

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician