Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

looking for help with a 160 lx excavator. the machine had sat…

Customer Question
looking for help with a...

looking for help with a linkbelt160 lx excavator. the machine had sat for quite some time without being used. it has 3ooo hrs. there were issues with the machine slowing down and losing power but seemed to go away with changing the fuel and filters. the other issue is with the hydraulics. they all function ok except for the fact that they don't work as fast as they should. i would not know the difference one way or they other but this was brought to my attention by an operator who is familiar with this machine and ran it for me. we changed all the fluids and two of the filters that were available. i still need to change the .pilot filter and the nephron filter . a mechanic suggested that it my be in the computer not engaging the second stage of the pump. the operator told me that this machine is operating at about 2/3 its potantial and that no one seemed to think that its an engine problem. it was also mentioned that it could be a relief valved stuck.the machine is in good shape with low hours. the one track moves slighly faster than the other,the bucket curl function seems to move slower that the open function, the boom lift function will some times stay moving up but will operate fine when being used with the other controls the swing function will not move with the engine at idle but works fine when the engine is throttled up, the machine work smoothly and all the controls function ok it just isnt as fast or as fast as strong it should be any opinions

Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/31/2014
Mechanic: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 8 years ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator

I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the Experts?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Michelle~Moderator