Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 1995 753 Bobcat and it wont start. I am not getting…

Customer Question
I have a 1995 753...
I have a 1995 753 Bobcat and it won't start. I am not getting any fuel to the manual primer bulb. what could be my possible problems and how can I fix it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2014
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 8 years ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager

Greetings, you could always have a hole in the fuel hose from tank, but the most likely problem is the pick up tube inside the tank, very common Bobcat problem. Depending on which series 753 you have will determine the difficulty of the repair. If it's a C series with fuel tank behind operators seat, not too bad. If it's an F or G series with the tank under the engine/pump cradle, they can be a PITA.

You'll have two hoses connected to an elbow fitting in the top of the tank, one is fuel return, the other is fuel supply, you need to locate the fuel supply hose/elbow and pull the elbow out of the grommet. If there's no fuel pick up tube attached to the elbow when you pull it out, there's your problem and you need to make a trip to Bobcat for the needed parts. You need the hose, two compression clamps, the strainer screen, and a new grommet.

Here's a pic of an assembled pick up tube assy ready to be installed, except, a mistake I made, I slipped the hose onto the wrong barb of the elbow, didn't notice it until I had installed the pick up tube. I really need to update that pic.