Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have case xt 60. The arm will not raise . The machine will…

I have case xt 60...
I have case xt 60. The arm will not raise . The machine will move forward and backwards and
3/19/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Curtis B. :

Case unit has three pumps, the drive and steer are separate from the hydraulic pump.

Curtis B. :

Do you have any hydraulics? Neither bucket or boom? How did problem develop? Do the controls move? Or are they locked? ny indication of seat belt or seat locking out the hydraulics?

Customer:

I can bump the hydraulic and get slight movement. the concern starting acting slow til it finally quit. the control move easily.the bar and seat shows working properly. once it gets to operating temp the hydro light goes out but when you put it in full throttle the light comes back on.and look like they have the fluild over full in the sight glass

Curtis B. :

The hydraulic pump may be stripped where it drives off the back of the drive pumps. It is the small pump on the rear. You could put pressure gage on system, but it sounds like there is no pressure.

Customer:

this unit has 646 hours I didnt know if the filter might be restricted or is their a test port on the pump

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

where can I find the producre to pressure test pump. I able to get hydro light go out still the same and the pump is leaking where it mounts

The pump pressure is checked at the test port on the inlet of the control valve. Pressure would be checked by bottoming out one of the boom/bucket cylinders.