Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Hi i have excavotor Hyundai r210lc-3 its 1997year made and…

Customer Question
Hi i have excavotor Hyundai...
Hi i have excavotor Hyundai r210lc-3 its 1997year made and my right side tracks doesn"t run as quick as the left side(the left side actually is barely running). Moreover when i try to do something with excavator like dig(or anything) it has no power and goes off ,switches off(the pump seems to be good). Please help me and advice what kind of problems that can be and how to fix it.

Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/27/2014
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help. First check your in tank hydraulic return filter for signs of metal/debris that would indicate a pump or component failure occurring. If clean then you could have a faulty relief valve, failed rotory manifold seals, or possible failed drive motor. Remove the relief valve cartridges and inspect for debris, damaged o rings etc that could caus a bypass of pressure in that circuit. Also if all other functions are strong and only travel is weak then it is part of troubleshooting to reseal the rotary manifold as it is a common wear item on all excavators. If you still have a travel problem on one side then you likely have a drive motor problem if you have good pressure and flow to both drives.

And what about the power off problem ? Could you help me with that as well what can cause this ?

Also, to check your drive motor, remove the cover on the inside of the track frame to access, Remove the case drain line and cap the hose. Run a hose from the drive motor case drain into a bucket, pin the track sprocket to prevent movement and engage travel on that side. You should see a low volume of oil from the case drain. If it comes out under high pressure or high volume, your drive motor is bad and has excessive internal leakage. Let me know the results and if you need further help and Ill be glad to help.
What do you mean by power off? does the machine stall? does the auto idle work as in the machine should throttle up when you work a function? Let me know

when you set on work function and start doing anything the machine shuts down( i cant do any work)

Are you getting any black smoke or does the engine bog down and stall? Or does it die like you turned off the IGN switch?

I will write you tomorrow will check this thing. Have a nice evening.Thank you

Ok great. Let me know and ill help any way I can.

Hi hope you are good.

Are you getting any black smoke or does the engine bog down and stall?--- Well when we start the excavator and accelarate it shows black smoke and then smokes are gone it works without smokes but the whole excavator doesnt have power if we try to travel or dig its getting weaker and if you try to dig it harder it shuts down.

Thanks for the updated information. First check your fuel system for restrictions, change fuel filters and blow back through the lines to the tank with compressed air just enough to hear if its bubbling. If ok check for dry rotted cracking hoses and replace if found. Try running from a separate container to see if the problem still exists. If so then you could have a bad primer/ lift pump if it is not picking up the fuel and no leaks or restrictions are found. Make sure there is nothing in the tank restricting your fuel supply. Running from a separate container will help confirm if our problem is between the tank and pump.... Also check your hydraulic filter for signs of metal that could indicate a pump failure occurring...Let me know.