Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a jcb backhoe 214 series 3, was digging a hole with…

Customer Question
I have a jcb backhoe...
I have a jcb backhoe 214 series 3, was digging a hole with rear bucket and as I was unloading a scoop the was a noise from the front of the tractor and I lost all hydrolic power. cant move anything. the engine still works runs. I checked for any leaks and did not see anything. there is plenty of hydrolic oil in the tank.
I think it may be the pump. any advice or info of how to trouble shoot the problem would be helpful.
thanks, David
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/25/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Curtis B. :

Check the pump drive shaft between the crankshaft pulley and the pump. The drive shaft may have stripped out.