Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a New Holland 675E Backhoe. Everything is working but…

Customer Question
I have a New Holland...
I have a New Holland 675E Backhoe. Everything is working but the machine will not move forward or backward when I put it in gear and forward or reverse mode.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/1/2014
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Curtis B. :

You have declutch switches on the unit. One on the hydraulic lever, another on the gear shift lever, and maybe another on the floorboard. All are used to kick transmission into neutral when they are pushed. Check each switch, or follow the wires to the transmission control valve, and unplug it at the transmission. Anyone of the switches, if stuck will cause this problem.