Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Cat B226 Skid Steer.2007.Running fine but heat isnt…

I have a Cat B226...
I have a Cat B226 Skid Steer.2007.Running fine but heat isn't working in the cab.Valve in engine compartment is open.I tried both ways
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/21/2013
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 8 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Check both lines to see if a valve is in both and the are open. (Usually only one is installed)

Feel both lines to see if they are both hot. If not, feel the radiator lines and see if they are both hot. If both are not hot, the water pump belt may be slipping or the system has too much air in it.

If the lines are hot, raise the cab and you will have access to the heater box.

Four bolts hold the box to the side. These are accessed from the outside. You can remove these bolts and the box will move enough to allow you to open it up.

Remove the spring clips and the case halves will separate. You can check the heater valve to see if it is turning when you change the heater temperature or see if the core is blocked with debis. (Debris in the core is common)

Be careful removing the spring clips, they can disappear quickly or fly complete across a large shop.

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician