Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a bobcat s250 with error code V7401, can some one explain…

I have a bobcat s250...
I have a bobcat s250 with error code V7401, can some one explain this code , my bucket locks out when ever it wants , with bucket light flashing , I have not had it happen to me , but the customer has
12/15/2013
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 years ago
Dan, Technician

Dan :

Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help. Here is the Bobcat code list. Click Here .

Customer:

I have the code list in the book in unit can not find V7401

Dan :

I am not seeing that either. Press the worklight switch and hold for 2-3 sec and see if any other codes display

Dan :

Let me know

Dan :

What symptoms are you having with this machine?

Dan :

Does this machine have an enclosed cab?

Customer:

no that is the only code , there are no indicators saying there is a fault , just the code when I retrieve it with headlight switch

Customer:

all segments work on display

Dan :

If this is intermittent it sounds like possible one of the safety interlock switches might be disengaging during operation. Seat switch/seat belt/Lap bar, etc Or door switch if equipped.

Dan :

Under what conditions is this happening to the operator?

Customer:

no enclosed cab , customers complaint is bucket stops working up/down and tilt with a flashing bucket light machine moves with no problem

Dan :

Also, These machines are known for lift/tilt actuator problems. Usually it will throw a code for that though but there still could be a problem

Customer:

he operates machine with no problem gets out of unit gets back in pulls lap bar down wheel lock comes off but no bucket , it does it when ever it wants , shuts off restarts unit and it may or may not work

Dan :

There is a calibration process from in the cab or by using the Bobcat software which is the most accurate and preferred method

Customer:

can it come out of calibration at anytime

Dan :

On the controller when this happens is it showing all safety interlocks are engaged?

Dan :

It shouldnt but it is possible. Anytime you replace either actuator they will need to be recalibrated.

Customer:

no just seat belt some times and bucket flash , lap bar off and brake light off

Dan :

It does sound like an actuator problem or harness problem in either the safety interlock or lift /tilt actuator circuit.

Dan :

Check the harness for any bare, broken, or shorted connections

Dan :

Raise the cab and look at the harness around the actuators and see if any of the wiring has rubbed through to the frame or wire clips

Customer:

I have not experienced the issue just going by what customer says , i've had unit for two days and worked it with no problem

Customer:

actuators on valve body ?

Dan :

Yes they are under the cab mounted to the frame. There are two. One lift and one tilt

Customer:

ok i'll check and get back to you thanks

Dan :

Ok let me know.

Dan, Technician

Hi Mike, I just wanted to follow up with you to see if you still needed help. If you still need help please reply back and Ill be glad to assist you further and if you are satisfied with the information I have provided please rate Ok to excellent or accept as it is how I get credited for helping you or reply back for more information. Let me know.

sorry Dan just got back to unit , had it fail on me finally , was able to move it with no bucket movement , got it in garage for two min and bucket worked , checked wiring on chafing but I see three solenoids on valve bank , unplugged the middle one and it went in default , plugged it back in and was fine, what is that middle valve

Thanks for the update Mike. Could you upload a picture using the paperclip Icon above and also post your serial number so I can be sure to get you the correct information for your serial number.

not sure how to insert picture, serial no is A5GM36043 it is a 2009 S250

Hi Mike, Thanks for the info. Try this.

Click the attach icon (paperclip) click the box to the right of Image URL, Click browse in the new window, select saved file, click ok, wait for the link to show in the first Image URL box then click insert. then reply on the chat box and your photo will post. Let me know if you still are having trouble. I will be on a road call tomorrow in the morning but will follow up when I get back in the afternoon.

Hi Mike, For some reason I did not get your response unfortunately until now. Sorry for the delayed response. Your parts manuals are accessible online here. Click here. I am having trouble today opening the parts list on my computer today for some reason. Let me know if you can access the pages through the link from there. I am not sure if it is my computer or a problem with the bobcat site. Let me know.

hi dan I found out what I was looking at , it is the hydro lock valve , I tightened the terminals on harness side. I had no other issues with unit , I put it back in service , ill just wait to her from customer , thank you for the help

Thanks for the update Mike. Hope you had a great New Years.