Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

The Koyker loader control on my 25HP Kioto tractor seems to…

The Koyker loader control on...
The Koyker loader control on my 25HP Kioto tractor seems to have changed the way it operates. The loader still raises, lowers and the bucket drops and curls up however the actions have changed with respect to the control lever? How do I get it back the way it was?
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2013
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Curtis B. :

Have you had the hoses off the control valve? Are the controls opposite from what they were? Boom is now bucket and bucket lever is now boom?

JACUSTOMER-59cvdvvn- :

No I haven't touched the hoses. The loader raises OK and the bucket curls up OK however lowering the loader and curling the bucket down are not operating the way they use to. To drop the loader I should have to push the lever straight ahead now I have to push straight ahead and to the left which also makes the bucket want to curl down.

Curtis B. :

If nothing has changed, then it has to be the linkage on the control valve and joystick. Yu say it all looks good, nothing loose?

JACUSTOMER-59cvdvvn- :

I can't find anything loose.

Curtis B. :

You have removed the rubber cover and checked the balljoints and links for any odd movement.

Curtis B. :

Only way for one function to move at same time, if the joystick moves the other spool.

JACUSTOMER-59cvdvvn- :

Could the joystick have shifted position a little?

Curtis B. :

Do you have any appreciable wear on any of the parts? If it has shifted, it should be loose!

JACUSTOMER-59cvdvvn- :

I wasn't noticeably loose.

Curtis B. :

Watch the movement as to push lever forward to lower boom. You don't need tractro running, or boom up. Just move the lever and see if it is moving the bucket spool. Or why do you have to move it where it catches the bucket spool. It may just need t be readjusted.

JACUSTOMER-59cvdvvn- :

If I have to re adjust the joy stick what position should the loader and bucket be in to adjust the joy stick. I would assume The loader should be down and the bucket flat on the ground. Does that make sense?

Curtis B. :

Just have the bucket on the ground, it really does not matter, just do it with unit OFF.

Curtis B. :

Watch the spool valve, and see why it would impact the other operation.

JACUSTOMER-59cvdvvn- :

I will give that a try tomorrow in daylight.

Curtis B. :

Ok, let me know the results.

Curtis B. :

I will leave link in your email to get back. Thank you.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Scroll up to view earlier reply. Thank you.