Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

was running fine just shut down & panel read acc on it will…

Customer Question
was running fine just shut...
was running fine just shut down & panel read acc on it will not restart, flipped the service switch on it started right up but nothing will work on that mode? Help
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/11/2013
Mechanic: dd85, Technician replied 9 years ago
dd85
dd85, Technician

Customer:

In the Service mode it will move but no hydraulics.

Customer:

shut off , get out of seat.

Customer:

flip to Run, sit in seat, see if it will start.

Customer:

1. Does the Instrument cluster light up when you sit in seat, if not seat switch problem. 2.. does the seat belt light go off when seat belt is latched? if not seat belt problem.

JACUSTOMER-k092odij- :

The seat beeps when you sit in it & The seat belt switch makes noise any other suggestions to try?

JACUSTOMER-k092odij- :

No the seat belt switch is fine the instrument cluster lights up but has acc on it?

JACUSTOMER-k092odij- :

Help no work can get done without this machine, Thanks

JACUSTOMER-k092odij- :

when it shut down it said on the display ACC? If this helps

JACUSTOMER-k092odij- :

this machine only has 276 hours on it

JACUSTOMER-k092odij- :

yes the instrument cluster lights up when u sit in it, the seat belt light go out when it is latched do not know what else to try?

JACUSTOMER-k092odij- :

The parking light on the dash stays on when u sit in the seat and fasten seat belt?

Customer:

then it sounds like the Interlock relay, part # 86521256

Customer:

click here to see location

Customer:

You should also check the fuses in the engine compartment

JACUSTOMER-k092odij- :

The fuses are all good, is there anyway to by pass this relay or check it to make sure this is the problem because the dealer is out of this relay & its special order at $60.00? Thanks!

Customer:

Yes click here to get info on testing.

Customer:

The White / Orange stripe W/O should have 12 volts when sitting in seat key in start and run positions.

Customer:

the White/ DarK BLue then should have 12 volts also

Customer:

the Light Blue/ Orange LTBL/O goes to the fuel solenoidenoid and should have 12 volts.

JACUSTOMER-k092odij- :

My machine doesn't have this relay in the under hood fuse panel any help I'm going crazy right now trying to figure out were this is at?Help!

JACUSTOMER-k092odij- :

My Year is a 2006 new Holland Ls170

Customer:

It is under a Black Panel engine side of firewall, upper left side.

Customer:

click here for picture

Customer:

click here for picture of location

Customer:

open rear hood, lift top hood, remove left side panel.

JACUSTOMER-k092odij- :

hello Dave, I have that same diagram and my machine doesn't have this part in that fuse box that you are talking about in it , all it has is about 4 diodes on top, 2 rows of fuses on the right side and a ballast on the left bottom? do you have a phone were I can send you a picture of it by any chance? Thanks Richard!

Customer:

They won't let us give out phone numbers.

Customer:

how may wires does the "Ballast have?

Customer:

and what colors, is there an Orange / White on the lower left corner? if so this is rthe interlock relay.

Customer:

If you save the picture to your computer, then highlight a word like here then next to the paper clip there should be a chain link show up, click the chain link, click the colored area to tjhe right of the url bar, then click Choose file, go to where you saved the picture. double click the picture.

Customer:

then "OK" then Insert. that should put it on here,

JACUSTOMER-k092odij- :

the ballist has a white & green wire on the other end, Just 2 wires total???

Customer:

I am going to "opt out and see if some one else has an idea.

Customer:

I have been looking through all the NH Service manuals and can't find anything different.

Customer:

Okay, in Late 2006 they may have changed the wiring harness to be like the new L series.

Customer:

nd this.

click here is your panel like the top or bottom picture?

also the error ACC says to check the following.

ACC displays in the EIC hour meter readout

Cause :
Blown fuses or poor ground connections

Resolution :
Inspect the wiring harnesses for damage

[ Hide ]

Information Updated August 2006

The following areas have been known to be susceptible to damage either during the manufacturing process or after delivery of a machine to a customer.

1. Inspect the seat belt switch wire harness, especially in area directly behind the seat where the wire harness comes from the seat switch. Some operators keep or store items behind the seat and wire harness damage in this area is quite common.

2. Inspect the wire harness in the left rear upright post. It has been known to be damaged (pinched) by one of the seat hinge bolts. To access the bolts, raise the seat up into the locked position and thoroughly inspect the wire harness located behind seat hinge.

3. Inspect the rear window mounting self tapping screws. They are directly in line with the harness down the rear right hand cab post and have been known to pierce the harness during assembly.

4. Inspect the run relay connector located under the engine fuse panel. This connector contains a green wire that runs to the fuse panel diode (part number L71879). On some units the green wire has been found to have been rubbed bare, at the connector, from contact with an engine bell housing bolt. If it rubs against the bell housing and shorts out, it typically blows the 15 amp engine fuse and the engine will not start.

5. Inspect the beacon light harness. If it rubs against the cab and shorts out, it typically blows the 5 amp EIC fuse and the engine will not start.

6. Inspect the EIC mounting bolts. On some units the EIC mounting bolt on the front right hand side has been found to have pinched the wiring harness at the beacon / strobe light connection. A short in this wire harness will typically blow the 7.5 amp cab fuse and / or the 10 amp flasher fuse, and the 5 amp EIC fuse.

Damaged to the harness in any of these areas has been known to cause repetitive fuse failures and loss of functions specific to those fuses

Okay it I think is the middle black relay should be part # 86509590. all 2 are the same relay try switching the right hand one with the center one.
the left one is the fuel relay