Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Cat Dozer D3G After operating for two hours hydrostatic

Customer Question
Cat Dozer D3G After operating for...
Cat Dozer D3G
After operating for two hours hydrostatic alert indicator light came on . all oil levels are good , temperature cold, no signs of trouble after six hours operating yesterday and two hours today. Hydraulic filters changed eight hours ago. Removed two short cat filters replaced with one long and one short as supplied by cat dealer. Light goes out after approximately thirty seconds and soon as you start operating about two or three minutes the light comes on again . Any suggestions as to the cause?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/6/2013
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 9 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Can you describe the light more? Where is it positioned in the panel? (Top left, Bottom right, etc.)

Did you open the old filters and inspect them for metal? Did you find anything in the filters?

Is the red light on in the fuse panel? Do you know how to retrieve the fault codes? If so, what flash codes did you find?

When was the oil last changed? What condition is the oil? What temperature is the oil and the engine when the fault occurs?

Are your fan belts tight and is the radiator clean?

How many hours are on the machine?

What type of work is it doing?

Please post the full serial number of the tractor (VIN).

I found the problem, the ground wire from the starter to the chassis was broken. Repaired it and operated for two hours, all seems to be working properly.
Until next time
Thanks
Simeon
Ok, thanks for the reply. I will forward this to customer service for a refund.