Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

i have a caterpillar D-6R XL Dozer that has THROWN A CODE 8128.0.

Customer Question
What could this code be?...
i have a caterpillar D-6R XL Dozer that has THROWN A CODE 8128.0. What could this code be?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/3/2013
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 8 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer. I am online most nights and weekends a few hours.(US-Eastern)Please do not rate my answer until you are completely satisfied.

I would like to help but, that is not a valid fault code. It looks more like a mileage report.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

What warning lights did you see?

What other codes appeared?

Are other codes stored in the display?

What is your full machine serial number?

What were you doing when the alarm sounded?

Relist: Other.
the technision needed more information in order to answer the questionRelist: Answer quality.
The code is 14656. Then it flash's a F and a code 7727. Then flash R and 6930.

I ran the tractor for about 5 min after the alarm started flashing. I noticed a little loss in power and RPM's
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name isXXXXX questions the other expert was asking are needed as the numbers you posted are not valid Cat fault codes. The code numbers do not go that high for this machine. The numbers you are reading are something other than a fault code. Lets see if you can pull your codes from the display. Let me know if you have any trouble opening the fault codes list I posted below. If so I will try to upload it from another computer.