Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My dozer blade will no longer turn to the right or left. I…

Customer Question
My dozer blade will no...
My dozer blade will no longer turn to the right or left. I have a 1984 komatsu D65E8. Can you help me. Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
10/27/2013
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Curtis B. :

This is the blade with rigid right side and left side has the cylinder to push the blade forward and back ???

Curtis B. :

If blade is forward, will it hold , or does it just push back, and dirt goes to the left? If so the cylinder likely has blown inner seals.

Curtis B. :

You could check by removing the hose from the rod end of the cylinder and powering the cylinder base end,. If oil continues to flow from the cylinder, the inner parts are leaking and cylinder needs repair.

JACUSTOMER-he8qda82- :

Good Morning Curtis,

JACUSTOMER-he8qda82- :

Thanks for the information. I was trying to surprise my husband with the answer to the question but guess what I asked the wrong question. Does that surprise you. The questiion I should have asked is the dozer will not turn to the right or left it will only go forward and backward. Thanks

Curtis B. :

So it is travel problem. Which deals with the right and left brakes. I really have no information on this model. Let me opt out and see if anyone else will reply. Please don't respond to me, or it will lock the question to me. Sorry I can not help!

Mechanic: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 8 years ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator

I’m Michelle, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Michelle-Moderator