Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

HelloI have a bobcat 763 H and the light of the seat bar…

Customer Question
Hello I have a bobcat 763...
Hello

I have a bobcat 763 H and the light of the seat bar sensor is sometimes flashing 2 times and sometimes 3 times what could the problem be please?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
10/15/2013
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is Dan. I will try to help. Check all your safety interlock switches ( Lap bar, seat belt, door switch if equipped, etc) Thoroughly check your harness as well for any open circuits. You can also bypass your switches for test purposes to see if this solves your problem to locate a defective switch. Reply back with your results and if you need further help and Ill be glad to help.
Hi Noel, I wanted to follow up with you to see if you still needed help or if you are satisfied with the information I have provided so far. Let me know and reply back if you still need help and ill do what I can to help.

Hello Dan

I checked the harness as much as I could. To tell you the truth I bypassed the seatbar sensor with a 10k ohm variable resistor and it work perfectly for one day but now it stopped working and as soon as I removed the resistor it is working intermittantly with nothing connected, sometimes it jams and sometimes it works.

Regards

Noel

Thanks for the update Noel. It sounds like you have a problem either with the lapbar sensor or in the harness itself in that circuit. Thoroughly check the harness fo any loose, bare, or corroded connections. If the harness check OK then I would replave the lap bar sensor. Let me know and Ill help any way I can.