Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I am trying to remove the main hydraulic pump on a EX200-5…

I am trying to remove...
I am trying to remove the main hydraulic pump on a EX200-5 Hitachi excavator. I took of 3 big bolts from the top and 3 from the bottom and the pump is loose but will not slide off. Do I need to remove the mounting housing that it is bolted to or how do I remove that pump?
9/29/2013
Mechanic: dieseldan55, Mechanic replied 9 years ago
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic

dieseldan55 :

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX normally I will expect to se a drive coupler on the other side of the pump housing. SO you would then remove the housing the pump is mounted to then remove the coupler from the pump shaft on the other side. I will send a picture of what I am talking about to see if it is similar to yours.

graphic

ok your picture is a volve. I'm working on a hitachi maybe its close to the same

Right that is what I was thinking, trying to give you an idea what your working with.

ok so can just unbolt tht copler n take it off with th pump and change the copler to th new pump while its off th machine? will need to deal with any thing inside th copler?

What I will check for is the depth the coupler is set on the shaft before loosening the allen bolts. Then I will also examine the coupler for wear on the neoprene material. Use Loctite to secure the allen in the coupler, and one key thing to remember is to be aware of the thrust bearings on the crankshaft. You don't want to force the flywheel towards the front of the engine when installing the pumps. This will cause pressure on the crank thrust bearings and then you will have additional issues. SO that is why I take a measurement on the depth before removing the coupler from the pump. You can also check the end play on the crank to be sure if needed. Thanks, Dan
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic