Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

g.day kato excavator mod hd1250v11 serial12505491w need planetry…

Customer Question
g.day kato excavator mod hd1250v11...
g.day kato excavator mod hd1250v11 serial12505491w need planetry timing for final drive please
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/26/2013
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help. I have never heard of the final drive planetary on an excavator being timed. Is consists of a sun drive gear, planetary and outer ring gear that is the housing. They are just assembled accordingly with a seal in between the sections to prevent the final drive oil from leaking. The drive motor shaft is splined to the final drive. reply back if you need further help with this and I will be glad to help any way I can. I log in periodically throughout the day in between jobs and in the evenings.

g.day dan there are only kato and hitarchy so I am told there are marks on the planetry and it wont go together unless its timed have you got axcess to a workshop manual ive talked to other owners and they tell me the same thanks if you muck it up you destroy the planitery

Oh ok. No I do not unfortunately but I did find some links for two other models for a downloadable service book but not for your model. Ones just under 45.00 and the other is just around 12 dollars. If it is in fact true they are timed for Kato machines then the procedure might be found on one of those service manuals. Here are the links to copy and paste in your browser. http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/126197954-kato-hd1023-lc-iii-excavator-service-shop and http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/209984470-kato-hd2310-3-fully-hydraulic-excavator-service-repair Wouldnt hurt to go for the 12.00 one. Let me know

thanks dan I will try to get a workshop manual but just thought some one might be able to help ime sorry I cant rate you because you cant answer my question have you ever done or know some one who has thanks

Im going to opt out and maybe there is someone who knows more on this. I have done final drives but never one that is timed...

thanks dan idont want to bugger your rating up but don't want to pay for no answer either thanks for help anyway

Mechanic: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 9 years ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator

I’m Michelle, and I’m moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from another one of the professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Michelle-Moderator

no thanks ille try something else