Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Bobcat 335 mini excavator runs when fuel tank is full, after…

Bobcat 335 mini excavator runs...

Bobcat 335 mini excavator runs when fuel tank is full, after 1-2 hours machine stalls until re filled to top what is the problem, only about 2 gallons of fuel added each time, can't get primer bulb to pump up till fuel is added,like tank is empty but its not.

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/14/2013
Mechanic: dieseldan55, Mechanic replied 9 years ago
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic

dieseldan55 :

Hello, my name isXXXXX like the pick up tube is cracked or broken. When the problem happens, you probably need to bleed the system correct. That would indicate a introduction of air into the fuel system due to a poor pick up or supply line. I would inspect the line going to the tank and remove the pick up if possible. A crack in the pick up tube will allow air into the system, a non-vented tank will cause a vacuum thus reducing the output of the machine. Check the tank line first though. Let me know what you see. Thanks.

Customer:

That's what I thought it was, as when the machine stop, I blow air back through the fuel line in and didn ot hear bubles and tank was almost full

Customer:

That's what I thought, as the machine stopped I blow air back throught the fuel line into the fuel tank and did not hear bubbles and the tank was almost full..

dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic