Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Hitachi Excavator 220 I need to bleed The air out…

I have a Hitachi Excavator...
I have a Hitachi Excavator 220 I need to bleed The air out of the hydraulic system. I change a hydraulic line. now it will barely run at low idle I move any lever it will die.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/7/2013
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help. sometimes the pump will have some bleed screws or plugs on the top or you can just crack loose a main line engine not running. You should not have to do this and your engine should not pull under a load unless you have a pump problem/failure, stuck valve, or restricted return. Check your return filter for metal/debris indicating a pump or component problem. If found your system will need to be thoroughly flushed and cleaned out and the pump or component replaced. Reply back if you need further help and I will be glad to help.
Dan, Technician
It was just a blown fuse!
That is good news! Glad you found it!