Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a tacuehi T140, it seems to have blown an hydraulic…

I have a tacuehi T140...
I have a tacuehi T140, it seems to have blown an hydraulic line. At first it just wouldn't move and the the bucket stopped also. Lots of oil on the ground and it seems like it is coming from the left track area. It doesn't seem to be a mess in the engine compartment.
Can you steer me to what may have happened?
6/23/2013
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 9 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

catmastertech :

Hello. I work on Cat machines but, most excavators are basically the same layout.

catmastertech :

I am guessing this an excavator?

Customer:

Compact track loader

catmastertech :

OK, Skid steer. I know what you mean anyway.

catmastertech :

It is still configured the same as other machines.

catmastertech :

Do you know how to access under the cab?

catmastertech :

Is the owners manual still in the machine?

Customer:

yes, but it's a pain

Customer:

I have the owners manuel

Customer:

nothing about the hydraulic layout in there

catmastertech :

Ok, that is were I would start. Since you stated the drive stopped first, you likely have a failed drive loop hose.

catmastertech :

This is common on all skid steer machines.

catmastertech :

This will be a large heavy hose going to the left side.

catmastertech :

You will have a pair of hose to the left and a pair to the right drive motor.

catmastertech :

Most pump will have the OUT ports close together and will be very much larger than all the other hoses.

catmastertech :

The pump is connected to the engine and the hoses supply pump pressure to the drive motors. That is how you lost so much oil so quickly.

catmastertech :

Do not run the engine anymore until you get oil back in the tank.

catmastertech :

If you run the pumps dry, they will be damaged.

catmastertech :

Also, do not allow any dirt to enter the hoses, pumps or motors while you are repairing this hose.

catmastertech :

Any contamination will create a serious wear problem and can destroy the entire hydraulic system.

catmastertech :

Cap and plug every line you remove to protect the system.

catmastertech :

Remove the leaking hose and see you local dealer or hydraulic shop to get a new hose made.

catmastertech :

NOTE, some special ends are not available and the dealer may be the only source.

catmastertech :

I even have this problem at times with Cat machines.

catmastertech :

A special order could take days to weeks to be delivered.

Customer:

is it a difficult fix?

Customer:

or just swapping out the hose?\

catmastertech :

If it has normal fittings, large wrenches will be the hard part.

catmastertech :

Replacing the hose is the only repair needed at this time.

catmastertech :

Hopefully, no damage has been done to the pump or motor.

Customer:

I shhut it down when it didn't work

catmastertech :

Some odd connectors use bolts and if these are Allen sockets, they can be difficult to remove.

catmastertech :

The quick shutdown is good.

Customer:

The hose are accessible when I litf the cab?

Customer:

lift

catmastertech :

I would assume so. That is why manufactures have the cab moved out of the way.

Customer:

cool, well tomorrow I will get at it.

catmastertech :

I have needed to remove other hoses to access the damaged hose. If you do this, mark each hose so you can install it back correctly.

catmastertech :

Even take a picture of the hoses and the marks you create for reference.

Customer:

thanks

catmastertech :

Ok, thanks for using JustAnswer If I know some one with direct access to the part information I would point you to them. I have not seen a Tacuehi expert here though. Some companies do have online parts books and can be quite helpful.

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician