Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have hose lines mixed up on the drive control arm need to know…

Have hose lines mixed up...
Have hose lines mixed up on the drive control arm need to know the order in which they go back?
6/3/2013
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 9 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

catmastertech :

Do you have the serial number?

catmastertech :

Is this Dual control or Single control?

catmastertech :

(steer with one joystick or both)

Customer:

no serial number

Customer:

Single control on left side

Customer:

Yes steers with one control also on left side

catmastertech :

Is this a B or C model?

Customer:

just 262

catmastertech :

Would the serial begin with 4yz, 5sz, CED or FDG?

Customer:

dont know i bought it used

catmastertech :

Is the number on the tax papers?

Customer:

don' t have any papers, just written receipt

catmastertech :

Ok, I am looking for a chart. I have not seen on before but, I think one is in the manual somewhere.

catmastertech :

This may take sometime.

Customer:

thnk you

Customer:

would it be possible to get this section of manual by email

catmastertech :

Have you seen any markings on the pilot control valve?

catmastertech :

All contact is limited to this site.

catmastertech :

If I can find something helpful I will send it to you.

catmastertech :

Full Size Image

Customer:

where hoses attach to underneath control arm they r individually lettered.

catmastertech :

(1) Pilot operated hydraulic control ( hydrostatic)

(2) Solenoid valve ( hydrostatic)

(10) Accumulator

(11) Solenoid valve ( parking brake)

(15) Speed sensing valve

(16) Charge relief valve

(17) Piston pump ( hydrostatic)

(18) Gear pump

(19) Hydraulic tank

(20) Resolver network

(21) Left piston motor ( hydrostatic)

(22) Right piston motor ( hydrostatic)

(23) Actuator piston

(24) Actuator piston

(A) High pressure port

(B) High pressure port

(X3) Pilot pressure ports

(X4) Pilot pressure ports

Oil that comes from the speed sensing valve (15) flows to the pilot operated hydraulic control ( hydrostatic) (1). When the interlock system is disengaged, signal oil will not flow through the pilot operated hydraulic control until the hydraulic control is moved out of the HOLD position. The hydraulic control will return to the HOLD position when the hydraulic control is released from any of the positions. Table 1 shows the direction of machine travel when the signal ports are pressurized by the pilot operated hydraulic control ( hydrostatic).

Table 1
Ports that are Pressurized Direction of Machine Travel
Port (X3) on Rotating group 1 and Port (X3) on Rotating group 2 REVERSE
Port (X3) on Rotating group 1 and Port (X4) on Rotating group 2 LEFT TURN
Port (X4) on Rotating group 1 and Port (X3) on Rotating group 2 RIGHT TURN
Port (X4) on Rotating group 1 and Port (X4) on Rotating group 2 FORWARD

When the hydraulic control is moved to the FORWARD position, signal oil flows from the speed sensing valve (15) through the solenoid valve ( hydrostatic) (2). Then, the oil flows through the plunger in the hydraulic control that is for the FORWARD position. Oil then flows into the resolver network (20). When the balls in the resolver network are unseated, the resolver network routes the signal oil to the two rotating groups in the piston pump (17). In the following example, the signal oil is routed to the ports (X4) that are on the piston pump. The signal oil flows into the ports (X4) and the signal oil shifts the actuator pistons (23) and (24). This causes the swashplates to move and oil flows out of the ports (B) on the piston pump. This will propel the machine forward.

When the operator releases the hydraulic control, the hydraulic control returns to the HOLD position. This causes the flow of pilot oil to stop. The actuator pistons will return to the center position and the swashplates will move back to the minimum displacement position. No oil will flow out of the piston pump. This causes the machine to stop.

Refer to the Systems Operation, "Piston Pump (Hydrostatic)" for more information on the piston pump. Refer to the Systems Operation, "Piston Motor (Hydrostatic)" for more information on the piston motor.

catmastertech :

This will trace out the lines but, it still does not show how they are connected to the joystick.

catmastertech :

I am still looking.

catmastertech :

Full Size Image

Customer:

any luck on the joy stick

catmastertech :

Full Size Image

catmastertech :

No labels but, good image.

Customer:

you r the man

Customer:

this helps alot

catmastertech :

Thanks for the accept, let me know if you need more help.

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician