Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a 120-2 hydraulic quite just like you turned off a switch…

Have a 120-2 hydraulic quite...
Have a 120-2 hydraulic quite just like you turned off a switch the is very little function at every control , pump is driving have lots of pressure on the pilot control pump
5/24/2013
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 years ago
Dan, Technician

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Hi my name isXXXXX is the Make and serial number of this machine so i can be sure you get the correct information.

Customer: Hitachi ex120-2 ser number 12N-32869
HeavyEquipmentTech :

Ok thanks for the info. Check the pilot control safety lever and valve on the LH console and under the cab for proper operation( Remove lower panel under cab to access), Check Pilot strainer in pump compartment for metal as well as the hydraulic filter in tank for metal/debris indicating a pump failure. Also verify the pump drive coupling has not failed between the engine and the pump. Reply back with your results and I will be glad to assist you further if needed.

Customer: Checked the coupler it is good just had the filter out and found absolutle no metal at all will check pilot control valve but I believe it is working
HeavyEquipmentTech :

Ok did you check the pilot strainer? it is a small aluminum canister behind the hyd tank in the pump compartment

HeavyEquipmentTech :

There is an element inside that canister.... that is for the pilot circuit

HeavyEquipmentTech :

If your pilot pump fails you would see fine metal in that strainer.... you should have around 550 PSI pilot pressure

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Let me know...

Customer: Have six hundred psi at idle on pilot pump
HeavyEquipmentTech :

Ok then you have plenty of pilot pressure. Check for pilot pressure at the main control valve spools to see if it is actually getting to the main valve to shuttle the spools. Pick any functions on the valve bank.

HeavyEquipmentTech :

If so then check that your getting signal pressure to the signal ports to signal your pump to full stroke when you operate a function.

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Hi I was just following up with you to see how you made out with this or if you needed further help let me know. If you dont need further help please rate so I will receive credit for helping you. Hope you had a great weekend!!!

Dan, Technician