Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

For my 550G LGP . after 2 hours of fucntionnement i lose all…

For my 550G LGP...
For my 550G LGP . after 2 hours of fucntionnement i lose all hydraulic related operations,no
power ,no movement forward or backward ,no moving power. transmission oil odor . if i let it cool down everything come back to normal until the oil heat up again , what should i do?
5/21/2013
Mechanic: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 9 years ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,

Gina~Moderator
yes ,i am interested . the crawler tractor is manufactered
by John Deere. Apparently the problem is due to the heated oil
we are investigatig the reasons why the oil is heating up. We
are checking the filter, the quality of the oil , the cooling
system in general . I hope the experts will bring more iinsights to the problem .
Hello Franz

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Best,

Gina~Moderator

Mechanic: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 9 years ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,
Michelle
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi My name isXXXXX see you have been waiting for an expert that could help you with your overheating problem with your JD dozer. I will try to help you with this. First check your filter and oil for metal/debris that would indicate an internal failure. Some likely causes would be a failed pump, restricted cooler (from another failure plugging it with debris), Excessive internal leakage, worn clutch packs, failed torque converter. Check for metal/debris and if clean then the next step will be to have your pressures checked and verified to OEM specs for your model and serial number break. Reply back if you need further help
Dan, Technician