Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Cat 287c XPS No hydraulics and yellow Triangle sign and 1 and…

Cat 287c XPS No hydraulics...
Cat 287c XPS No hydraulics and yellow Triangle sign and 1 and 2 lite on upper left display Thanks
5/18/2013
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 9 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
One common problem with these machines is a door switch that is not connected properly or a door that is not closing correctly. Always check the function of the door switch whenever the hydraulics are inactive.

I am not aware of a triangle indicator, are your referring to the diamond shaped icon with the exclamation point in it? ◊ !
If this is the icon you are describing, here is details about it.

Driver Alert This alert indicator will activate when there is a problem which requires the operator's attention.

Note: Other alert indicators that light or the gauges may help investigate the cause of any problems.

There are three levels of severity for the indicator:

• Level 1 - If the alert indicator is on continuously, stop the machine at the earliest convenience. Investigate the cause. If no additional alert indicators are illuminated, contact your Caterpillar dealer or refer to the service manual.
  • Level 2 - If the alert indicator is flashing and there is no audible alarm, severe component damage could occur. Change your operation or perform the indicated maintenance.
  • Level 3 - If the alert indicator is flashing and there is an audible alarm, injury to the operator or severe component damage could occur. Stop the machine immediately and stop the engine.

The #1 icon is for:

Joystick Control Pattern 1 If your machine is equipped with a Selectable Control Pattern, this alert indicator will light when the Caterpillar Joystick Control Pattern is activated.

Note: Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Operator Controls - Joystick Controls" for information about the joystick control patterns. If your machine does not have the Dedicated Control Pattern, the light will flash until a selection is made.

The #2 icon is for:

Alternate Joystick Control Pattern 2 If your machine is equipped with a Selectable Control Pattern, this alert indicator will light when the Alternate Joystick Control Pattern is activated.

If you find your door switch is not the problem and these are not the correct alert warnings you are seeing, please let me know what you find.
Also include the serial number, several changes have been made and newer information could be available.
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician