Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I flipped my bobcat t190 forward ,,, we winched it back almost…

I flipped my bobcat t190...
I flipped my bobcat t190 forward ,,, we winched it back almost flat but slightly tilted forward , it makes a grinding noise but will not start after waiting a couple hours.
4/7/2013
Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 9 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Can you tell if the starter is trying to engage?

When you try to start it can you see if the belt or flywheel tries to move?

I am not sure how or what to look for to see that

graphic

With the rear door open look at the back of the engine (left side) into the holes at the flywheel or the front of the engine (right side) at the belt.

its down on a hill on my property , ill need someone else to help me answer this. its late and dark now . ill have people here in the morning to help me . its 9:30 pm here now . can I email you around 9:30 am tomorrow to continue this?

We sure can continue this later. I will go ahead and tell you what I am thinking (since there is not a bobcat symptom chart for whats wrong after it flips) I believe the crankcase vent has filled the air intake with oil and the oil has hydro locked a few pistons and there not able to come up on the compression stroke. You should be able to remove the glow plugs, and turn the engine over with a few key bumps to force the oil out.

will you be able to walk me thru how to do this tomorrow? how can I contact you in the morning?

You can just log in tomorrow and reply to this post to get back with me.

Below is a video that's almost identical to the procedure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0dZTQ79c1U

Quick question , I presume when you say key bumps you mean turn the ignition key a couple time quickly?

That's correct, do not start the engine, just bump the engine and make it spin slowly and a short distance just flicking the key to the start position.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks.

Thanks Chris
.
.