Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Jcb 532-120: Jcb loadall(NNN) NNN-NNNNno turbo. Fuel seems…

Jcb loadall(NNN) NNN-NNNNno turbo. Fuel...
Jcb loadall(NNN) NNN-NNNNno turbo. Fuel seems to fall back from fuel pump as bother starting unless a second person primes the fuel pump when starting, then starts
3/21/2013
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

koboma :

Fuel primer mounted on the cylinder block, driven by camshaft? Fuel pump should have check valve in it to keep fuel from bleeding back. If that is what you have, try replacing the primer pump/

Customer: Would the pump wear out and start fuel to run back as this is a new problem
koboma :

Yes, if check valve does not seat well, it can allow fuel to return to tank. For test, pinch off fuel line when you shut down unit, then see if it starts in AM after you remove the clamp.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician