Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have an 853H that allows the bucket to bleed off slowley…

Customer Question
I have an 853H that...
I have an 853H that allows the bucket to bleed off slowley when the up peddle is pushed down a little bit and when pushed a little further the bucket goes up. each time you want to raise something a little and start pushing the up peddle , it starts bleeding off slowly untill the peddle is pushed down to make up for the loss of hydraulic pressure. The valve body has been completely overhauled and the check valves have been replaced. Both lift cylinders have been overhauled and had both cylinders capped off in the up position to see if there was any bleed off and there wasn't. If you raise the bucket and shut it off then push the up peddle it dosn't bleed off. The dualstage hydraulic pump has also been replaced also.
C1, C2, and C3 load check valves have been replaced twice. G1 lift spool has been double checked. The only thing bobcat could come up with is a defective cavity in the valve body. Not sure I buy that.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/21/2013
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 years ago
Dan, Technician

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Hi my name is Dan. I will try to help. If your cylinders hold capped off then most likely either the spool is worn in your control valve or it is not centering to close off the ports. Take a really close look at that control valve spool and let me know. Pressure has to be bypassing in the valve somewhere.

JACUSTOMER-n6pefyii- :

I have asked several other questions but apparently they have been lost waiting for answers. The valve body has been removed twice. the last time I miked the spool valve and the hole which chowed about .0015 clearance. Bobcat stated the valvebody casting could have had a small flaw in the casting but just know became evident. After 15 years why now. If it is leaking off where is it going? When the machine is shut off it does not leakdown when the spool valve is actuated in the up position. if running and the spool valve is depressed slightly to the up position it leaks down and as you press further it will stop apparently by positive hydraulic pressure counteracting the loss of hydraulic pressure.where is the pressure going? is it pushing against the check valve C1to open and is counteracting the loss of pressure. If the pedel is barely pushed and the spool valve moves where is it leaking off and where in the valve body is the hydraulic fluid going? If the spool valve is not approporately centered , why wouldn,t it leak off while in the up position without any pressure on the spool valve.?

JACUSTOMER-n6pefyii- :

I have the service manuals and have traced the hydraulic diagram. can the relief override have a problem., the one you push when you want the hydraulics to release when not running? Do you know someone at Bobcat that has had this kind of problem and resolved it. There are no external leaks in the unit and is does not have the bucket leveling valve system on the machine..

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Is there any way you can scan and upload the hydraulic schematic for me using the paperclip icon above? Otherwise I would have to obtain one by your serial number from my local vendor. I am very knowledgeable with hydraulics as I am currently an independent field tech but was prior field service for Cat and worked for Deere, Volvo, Komatsu, and Linkbelt Dealers in the past. I will be more than happy to review the schematic and offer you my thoughts on the potential problems and ideas on how to troubleshoot this further. Let me know. As far as checking your reliefs you could swap with another circuit for test purposes.

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Ok, Looking at the diagram do you have the optional bucket position valve? If so this also is tied into the Lift circuit. I see you replaced the check valves. does this include all of 39,10,13, and did you check or replace #14 one way restrictor valve?

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Let me know as you want to confirm that #14 is functioning properly and the check ball is not bleeding back