Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Bobcat skidsteer S185 turbo high flow. Changed oil and fuel…

Bobcat skidsteer S185 turbo high...
Bobcat skidsteer S185 turbo high flow.
Changed oil and fuel filter.
I bled and primed the fuel filter. No air coming through after squeezing the inline fuel ball.

Taking a long time to start. Am I missing something?
2/18/2013
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

koboma :

Loosen the line before the primer bulb and see if it will pump.

koboma :

If it does, then start backing up and check the filter lines out and in, if fuel is being pumped through the filter, then go back to the tank. Could the fuel be turned off? Or is the line from the tank plugged?

koboma :

The fuel has to be restricted somewhere for the primer bulb not to pump with the bleed screw open past it. You do have bleeder open at the injection pump??

Customer:

the primer bulb does pump fine when I open the bleeder on the filter assembly. No I don't have bleeder open at the injection pump. Where would that be.

koboma :

It will be at the hose going into the pump, or right on the cover , close to the incoming hose.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician