Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have just bought a 140H Cat grader VHP, there is a light…

Customer Question
I have just bought a...
I have just bought a 140H Cat grader VHP, there is a light flashing and code saying solinoid 8, how do I fix this problem, I have changed number 8 solinoid, but this makes no difference
Thank you
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/27/2013
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 9 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

catmastertech :

Have you tested the harness?

catmastertech :

Most electrical problems are due to connectors or wire failures. The solenoids rarely fail, some may stick but, this usually doesn't give a failed solenoid code.

Sorry, I cannot get the chat window to work on my end. I must change to this format to continue.

If you will send me your serial number, I might find more information on this machine to help. Some markets I cannot access but, most of these are the same so, it should be easy to find.

How are you viewing the codes?

What codes have you recorded?

Do you have a service manual and electrical schematic for this machine?

Please let me know what you have done so far and I will be glad to help more.

catmastertech41301.5964106481
How many hours are on this grader?